Developers, UX experts, designers
Participants will gain hands-on experience in:
- Designing and developing connected products, apps, and services
- Developing sustainable user experiences
- Getting hands on IoT sensors, devices, and software
- Engaging with the entire Bosch ecosystem
Bosch ConnectedExperience 2018 is open to all new and experienced coders, developers, UX and product designers. We welcome anyone ready to bring their unique Internet of Things (IoT) solution to life.
- 18:00 Doors Open
- 18:30 Welcome Remarks
- 19:00 Pre-briefing, Team Building, Idea Generation
- 22:30 Doors Close
- 08:00 Doors Open
- 09:00 Opening Day 1
- 18:30 Networking Party (optional)
- 23:59 Doors Close
- 08:00 Doors Open
- 16:00 Hacking Ends
- 16:15 Winner Pitches on Stage at #BCW18
- 17:00 Hackathon Open Space
- 19:00 Doors Close
In addition to a unique hands-on experience, participants at Bosch ConnectedExperience have the opportunity to:
- Join a real hardware hackathon! Merge the physical and virtual worlds while discovering the latest software and hardware tools from Bosch and its ecosystem partners.
- Discover what you can make happen in the IoT with teamwork! Our hack challenges focus less on competition than on collaboration among all supporting hack enablers.
- Experiment with various clouds and IoT gadgets! Leverage your Internet of Things (IoT) ideas by using existing data on various clouds. You can also borrow gadgets from the gadget library to further enhance your prototype. Gadgets will include developer starter kits (Raspberry Pie, Arduino, Intel Edison, among others), sensors, Lego Mindstorms, 3D printers, wearables, solder accessories, and plenty more.
- Discover IoT solutions on over 10,000 m² of exhibition space! Not only can you create your own IoT prototype, but you can also examine IoT solutions that are already in practice. Stroll among the exhibits to discover a connected factory, a connected shop floor, industrial robots, and much more.
- Meet IoT leaders and decision makers from Bosch ConnectedWorld at the networking party! Besides connecting with fellow developers and designers at the hackathon, you will also have the chance to network with IoT leaders and decision makers attending the Bosch ConnectedWorld, both in the joint exhibition space and at the networking party.
- Discover all the newly developed prototypes and present yours at the BCX Open Space! After the “hack” part of the hackathon, there will be time to present your IoT prototype to the entire Bosch ConnectedExperience and ConnectedWorld audiences in an open-space format. You can also take a look around and see what the other teams have devised.
- Last but not least: Have fun and make new friends!
- Participation at the hackathon
- Access to the Internet of Things (IoT) exhibition
- Networking party
Start ups / Students / Others